18 June 2007

At the japanese restaurant.

Hi, there.
I forgot to introduce you guys my exchange student
(monkey??) Julius. He's from Layne's, Perth.
Now he's staying with my bears like that picture.
He's going to show you the life in Japan with this blog sometimes.
He quite enjoys his life in Sendai.




Last week Julius and I went to city to meet my friends.
We went to a typical japanese restaurant calls "Izakaya",
this is discription of Izakaya, just in case.
That picture on the right is " Hors-d'Ĺ“uvre" in French,
basically it's free in Japan. We call it "Oto-shi". From the left they
are tomatos, octopus and broad bean. Hope Julius could enjoy those.







This is "japanese sake". It is really hard to explain for me,
we call it "mokkiri". I didn't know we call it so...
Actually, sake overflows onto the tray under the glass.
So you can drink those extra after you finish drinking with
your glass. This type is called "mokkiri".
I asked my frind that why do they use that tray. I guess it'd be better to use a glass which is bigger. They said, "Ah, you're not japanese, huh? This is the japanese spirit. Because you will be happy with drinking extra sake after you finish up your drink". Hummmm.
Maybe you can try at Senoji in east victoria park. Ask them about "mokkiri".



This is a picture of "Yakitori", I think you guys tried many times.
It's really famous meal in Japan. It was really delicious. The dish of this picture was very unique.







The last picture is very unique as well. That picture with Julius
and me is "Hibachi". You can find out what it is from the link
above. It is really an old type heating which I've never used it.
Maybe my grandparents used to use it.
Of course it didn't work, and it was not cold day anyway.
They sat down like this for warmth long time ago.
But it was really embarassing to take that picture!!
Everybody in the restaurant was watching us!
We had a good time at the restaurant. Only one thing I couldn't enjoy was alcohol. I cannot drink "sake"!! I could enjoy "syochu" but I still miss wines, hahaha.

No comments: